There are times when you are trying to build a fire and end up frustrated when your efforts don’t pay off.fireplace
Here are some tips to build a successful fire on cold day.
- Check if you are chimney is clean and free from blockages, hire a certified chimney cleaner if needed.
- Make sure the damper is open
- Use only dry seasoned hardwood, avoid using things that create noxious fumes
- Start with small logs and crumpled paper to light the fire
- Stack bigger logs over the base fire in a criss-cross manner
- Enjoy the warm, crackling fire!