A fireplace not only adds warmth to the room but also gives an instant cozy look and feel the minute it is lit up. Here are some maintenance tips to keep your fireplace safe and efficient.
- Clean the firebox at regular intervals in order to prevent ash build-up.
- Use only seasoned or hardwood to minimize soot build-up.
- Avoid using water to drown the fire.
- Wipe the exposed fireplace surfaces with a non-abrasive cleaner frequently.
- Check the chimney cap regularly to prevent birds from nesting.
- Check for cracks and blockages and get them fixed ahead of the season.
- Contact a reliable chimney fireplace contractor for annual maintenance service.