Forget expensive artifacts; invest in a well-designed fireplace to create a design statement of a room.
Fireplaces are available in various styles. The market is flooded with contemporary fireplaces, country style and vintage fireplaces.
So, how do you create a fireplace that serves as a focal point?
Here are some time tested tips.
- Plan for a fireplace in the design stage of the house.
- Place the fireplace on the same level as the floor.
- Add an ornamental molding or a mantel to accentuate the beauty of the fireplace.
- Use bricks, natural stones, mosaic art or simply paint a contrasting color to draw attention to the fireplace.
- Have a design center piece or a beautiful bouquet of flowers? Place them over the fireplace mantel.