Painting a brick fireplace
If you are looking to give your living room a makeover, painting your brick fireplace can do wonders to the décor.
Here are some tips to help you kick start your project.
- Scrub, wash and rinse the fireplace to make sure it is clean.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to suck the grime or debris.
- Apply a coat of stain-blocking oil based primer.
- Choose a paint that matches the rest of the room décor
- Paint the bricks with latex paint that is rated to withstand high temperature.
- Allow the first coat to dry and give the finishing touches by covering the unpainted areas.
- Source: bhg.com